more about sasha lord
Sasha Lord is a Concert Promoter and Curator based in Brooklyn, NY and Washington, DC. Currently serving as the General Manager of the Market Hotel (Brooklyn) and Trans Pecos (Queens), Lord also works as part of the booking team at both venues.
In addition to her work at the Market Hotel and Trans Pecos, Lord is also the Primary Booker at Comet Ping Pong (DC).
Sasha lord as promoter
Sasha Lord has promoted, partnered, and worked with numerous groups in the Washington, DC region. She has also managed tours for several artists, booking shows abroad and traveling with the musicians.
Current and past venue include:
Comet Ping Pong (Primary Booker), Slash Run, Sixth & I (Production Manager), Artisphere, The John F. Kennedy Center (The New Orleans Bingo! Show; Finding A Line: Skateboarding, Music, and Media Festival), The French Embassy, Union Market, St. Stephen and the Incarnation Episcopal Church, Dew Drop Inn, Montserrat House, Transformer, 443 Eye St. Gold Leaf Studios, Smash! Records, Howard Theatre (Promoted John Waters; Booked DJs), Contract Promoter for IMP Productions/U St. Music Hall
Past Shows Include:
JD Samson & MEN, The Make Up, The Raincoats, Ty Segall, Prince Rama, Chain and the Gang, Mikal Cronin, Shannon and The Clams, Kid Congo and the Pink Monkey Birds, Hunx and his Punx, Hunters, SISU (Dum Dum Girls), Monotonix, The Coathangers, Dan Deacon, Roomrunner, What Cheer? Brigade, Pujol, Guerilla Toss, Ex Hex, Zombie Zombie, Heavy Breathing, The Family Crest, Mother Falcon, Deceased, Municipal Waste, Mean Jeans, Mykki Blanco, The Flatmates, Coup Sauvage and the Snips, Lemuria, US Girls, The Babies, The Vivian Girls, Frankie Rose and The Outs, Jaill, Eternal Summers, Speedy Ortiz, Transmissions featuring Bob Boilen and Pat Noecker, Paul Collins Beat, Protect-U, Jeff the Brotherhood, Priests
Past tours include:
Bat Fangs (SXSW 2018 Tour), DJ Baby Alcatraz (LA 2017 Tour, SXSW 2014 Tour), Prince Rama (2013 North American Tour)
special projects include:
- Booked entertainers for the SXSW Official DC Showcase, with the DC Mayor Office and DC Economic Partnership (2015).
- Booked and worked with The Gumbas, a band comprised of professional male ballet dancers of the Mariinsky Ballet Company from St. Petersburg, Russia (2012, 2013, 2014).
- Selected out of 400 applicants to promote "The Endangered Song", by Portugal The Man, for the Smithsonian Zoological Park & Conversation Biology Institute for Earth Day 2014. "The Endangered Song" is a song manufactured to go extinct unless it's reproduced, bringing awareness to the preservation of the Sumatran Tiger endangered species.
- Curator of SXSW unofficial showcases (2013, 2012, 2011).
sasha lord as art curator
- Transformer Auction: Music Assistant (2017)
- Civilian Art Projects: Assistant at Volta Art Fair NYC (2017)
- Managed Prince Rama band's art installations: Fame Factory at Artisphere, in conjunction with Andy Warhol's Silver Clouds (2013). Cake Basal at Art Basal Miami, in conjunction with De Nolet by Ketel One (2013).
sasha lord as artist
Sasha Lord has performed as a musician, DJ, actress, filmmaker, and entertainment personality.
- Played keyboard and synthesizer with Prince Rama on their 2015 North American tour, opening for Dan Deacon.
- Pongress International (Newcastle, England and Berlin, Germany) with DJ Kid Congo Powers and artist Ryan Hill
- DJ Sasha Oh My Lord at Bar Uno (Paris, France) and Club Jagger (Saint Petersburg, Russia).
ActresS, filmmaker, and Personality
- Co-Producer for "Camelot" music video by Skating Polly, in collaboration with Pancake Mountain and filmed at Comet Ping Pong.
- Videographer for Girl Skate Tribe (Havana, Cuba), a mission/outreach trip and the 1st inaugural female skateboarding competition. Judged by Natalie Krisna Das.
- Stylist and Production Assistant for Bat Fang's music videos "Rock the Reaper" and "Fangs Out."
- Extra in Prince Rama's film Never Forever, by Astral Projects.
- Actress in Prince Rama's music video "Now is The Time of Emotion."
- Supernumerary actress with the Mariinsky Ballet Company, from St. Petersburg, Russia. Performed on the Kennedy Center Opera House Stage in Washington, DC (2016, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007).
- Filmed by the VH1 for Bookers, a reality TV show about women who promote and book concerts, while helping run the Little Five Festival in Atlanta, Georgia.
sasha lord as mentor
- Photographer, Videographer, and Team Supporter for Girls Skate Tribe, a girls' empowerment skateboarding clinic and competition in Havana, Cuba (2017).
- Created Educational Internship Programming for Teens at Artisphere (2013, 2012).
- Advocates for women working in the music industry; actively hires and trains college-age women to work Sasha Lord Presents events.
sasha lord as business woman
- Associate Member of The Recording Academy (The Grammys)
current and past corporate sponsors include:
- Dr. Martens (Georgetown Store)
- Stanton (A subsidiary company of Gibson Guitars)
- KIND Snacks (DJ Baby Alcatraz 2014 SXSW Tour)